Report a Lost Pet
Reporting Lost Pets
1. Call your local animal control office to report the lost animal. Municipal animal control offices are a central location for lost and found pet information and are usually the first place that a good Samaritan will look when he or she has taken in a stray pet. Municipal animal control offices also pick up and house stray pets. We encourage you to visit your local animal control office or shelter to verify whether or not your pet is being housed there.
2. Look for your pet on the pet posting page for a matching listing. This page is a shared database of lost/found pets reported to Animal Welfare Association, Animal Adoption Center, Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center, and Voorhees Animal Orphanage. In South Jersey, specific animal shelters are responsible for lost and stray pets within corresponding townships. Be sure to contact the appropriate shelter if a match is found.
3. Your pet may be at another shelter in the area. Be sure to contact all area shelters including Almost Home Animal Shelter, Burlington County Animal Shelter, Cumberland County SPCA, and Gloucester County Animal Shelter.
4. Call your local animal shelter or Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center at 856-401-1300 to list your pet on the website, which holds a shared database of lost/found pets in Camden County.
5. Whether you've lost or found an animal, join Petco Love Lost. This national lost and found pet database is free, fast, and effective and with one click can bring a pet home.